The information on this website is not new. Politicians and NHS bureaucrats have known of the crisis facing the East Cheshire Health Economy for many years but have failed to address the problem head on. Numerous representations have been made to the authorities by NHS clinicians to no avail. The time for platitudes has passed; it is time now to act.
The residents of East Cheshire need to hold their politicians to account and win a fairer deal for their local NHS services which have been chronically underfunded by successive governments for decades.
The GPs of Chelford, Handforth, Alderley Edge and Wilmslow, Knutsford, Bollington, Poynton, Disley, Congleton, Holmes Chapel and Macclesfield ask all residents to write to all their MPs, Secretary of State for Health and Prime Minister, to ask them what they will do to ensure that the area’s NHS services are funded adequately and fairly and to ensure that funding formulae stop discriminating against the taxpayers of Cheshire East.
Contact Details for The Prime Minister and The Secretary of State for Health
Prime Minister Theresa May
10 Downing Street
Email: Use the form at the following page, https://email.number10.gov.uk/
Secretary of State for Health
Ministerial Correspondence and Public Enquiries Unit
Department of Health
Email: Use the form at the following page, https://contactus.dh.gov.uk/?openform
Contact Details for MPs and Ex-PPCs in East Cheshire
The MP for Tatton Constituency is Esther Mcvey.
Email Address: email@example.com
The Labour Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Tatton Constituency was Samuel Rushworth
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Liberal Democrat Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Tatton Constituency was Gareth Wilson.
Mobile: 07787 448 337
Email Address: email@example.com
The Independent Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Tatton was Quentin Abel.
The MPfor Macclesfield Constituency is David Rutley (Conservative).
Address: David Rutley (Conservative), House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter: el: 01625 422848
The Labour Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Macclesfield Constituency was Neil Francis Puttick.
The Liberal Democrat Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Macclesfield Constituency was Richard Flowers.
Email Address: email@example.com
The MP for Congleton Constituency is Fiona Bruce (Conservative).
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 01260 274044
Address: Fiona Bruce (Conservative), House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA
The Labour Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Congleton Constituency was Sam Corcoran.
Tel: 07850 003869
Email: Use the form at the following page: http://www.congletonlabour.org.uk/contact2
The Liberal Democrat Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Congleton Constituency was Peter Hirst.
Email Address: email@example.com
Tel: 07760 203439
In your correspondence, you may want to make the following points:
East Cheshire has an ageing population with more than average healthcare needs
- East Cheshire has the fastest ageing population in North West
- We need more services to help this population
- An aging population necessitates more referrals to hospital, more medication, more care in general Practice.
GP Practices in East Cheshire are good compared to the rest of the country
High Quality Care
- All General Practices in East Cheshire are rated Good or outstanding by CQC
- Preventing premature mortality (under 75) 40% better than England average
- Dementia diagnosis rates– well above the national average
GPs in East Cheshire already very efficient
GPs have made huge efficiency savings already
- Low referral rates– so many problems managed in General Practice and not sent to hospital needlessly.
- Despite being low referrers historically, GPs in East Cheire continue to reduce referrals.
- All referrals DOWN by 5.2%
- Elective (non-emergency) admissions DOWN by 4.2%
- A&E attendances DOWN by 0.1% – unlike the majority of the country
- Non elective admissions DOWN by 3.7%
- 30% reduction in diabetes admissions
GPs have already controlled prescribing costs and prescribe efficiently
- Prescribing savings £3.6 million last year
- Plans following consultation with the public to try to improve self-care
- 20% reduction in antibiotic prescribing in 2 years
Ask your MP
“WHAT WILL YOU DO TO HELP OUR LOCAL NHS SERVICES?”
Contact NHSSOS East Cheshire by using the contact form below